Wyrd & Wonder is “an annual geek-out over all things fantasy”. It’s hosted by Lisa, Jorie and Imyril. I saw a sign up post on Thoughts Stained With Ink and decided that I have to participate. I was planning on reading a couple of fantasy books in May anyways so why not make it the theme for the month?
My plans (that I’m totally gonna stick to!)
- read at least 7 fantasy books
- participate in The Bone Shard Daughter read-along
- participate in the Book Bingo
- do every challenge prompt
- do a fantasy themed Bookish Memory Check
- review every book I read in May
- rewatch LOTR the extended edition (ok, this one I’m definitely doing)
- watch some fantasy movies that are new to me
- listen to music that’s inspired by fantasy books
- check what other participants are doing!
Can you tell that I love making plans and to do lists? I always get so excited and optimistic when I write them. If I actually do all of this I’m probably going to have multiple posts on some days which would be quite an achievement for me – I’m not usually a very active blogger.
I’m currently rereading Six of Crows and I’ll probably finish it tonight so the next book on my list is Crooked Kingdom. After that I’m sticking to the Grisha theme and reading Rule of Wolves. I’ll also participate in the The Bone Shard Daughter read-along. And then who knows? Maybe I’ll finally read The Poppy War, that I’ve been meaning to read for awhile but I always feel like I’m not emotionally ready. Or I’ll finally finish the Nightrunner series, though I haven’t read them in years so I should read the series again from the start. Maybe I’ll go to the library and get a random fantasy book – judge it by its cover and see how that turns out. Or I’ll see what everyone else is reading and get some new ideas. So many possibilities!